Thursday 17 October 2013

THE KIMONO 3 WAYS. .X

Showcased on the catwalks of Prada and Hermes, fashion has gone east this season with the resurrection of the kimono!  It’s our favourite layering piece and so we asked 3 beaut bloggers to show us 3 ways to wear. Check out the seriously stylish looks they pieced together and get your new season wardrobe wrapped up with a killer kimono…

“In my eyes, the kimono is a key A/W piece. It’s the perfect layering tool (which, let’s face it, is a necessity when combating UK Winters) and so this is what I tried to demonstrate in my three outfits. For my first look, I decided to wear it as a wrap-style dress, which is a bit of a different way to style up your kimono if it’s long enough. I used it to build up some layers in my second look, as the kimono was a match made in heaven for this Missguided stripy fur jacket and, for my last look, wore it as a simple cover-up over some high-waisted trousers and a crop top.”

Amy wears our Reata Coat, Yolinda Kimono, Gaenor Playsuit, Aleysa Boots
“Kimono’s are a great accessory to throw on over so many outfits. They have such a flattering and feminine shape and can just give you that little bit of cover without having to wear a cardigan or jumper. Oriental themes are often apparent in the A/W Catwalks, and this year they have been translated into a variety of Kimono styles. I wanted this beautiful cream and lace kimono to add a pretty and feminine touch to the black garments, so whether you are off for an evening out in a sparkly playsuit, going to work in a jumpsuit or having a day out shopping in leather trousers, the kimono works as a staple garment for any occasion.”
Victoria wears our Freya Kimono, Premium Embellished Bralet, Fareysa Trousers

“For me, kimonos are ideal to add to a going out outfit in AW. Let’s not lie; it’s no fun walking from bar to bar being absolutely freezing! A kimono will keep you a little bit warmer and a maxi kimono would be an awesome statement piece with some platform boots if you tend to opt for simpler dresses like me. I’m a bit guilty of being a casual dresser and I’m well into layering at the moment so that was the inspiration behind my looks. The cut out detail on the playsuit and dress along with the snakeskin effect on the skirt give my casual look a stylish and edgy twist and the printed kimono just tops each outfit off!”

No comments:

Post a Comment