Saturday 19 October 2013

Style So Far



Outfit of the Day: Light as a Feather 
So I’ve been feeling kind of slobby and ick about my clothes lately. Between renovating my house, school, and football on my TV every weekend, I feel like I’ve lost touch with my femme-ness. Which is totally cool, it’s just made me feel differently about the way I look. I’ve been really exploring the way that I present myself and how I feel in harder, softer, and mixed levels- and the ways in which clothing defines me. Through this, I’ve had days where I have a need to look overtly feminine and “dressy.” And this outfit did just the trick. Everything about it is light and airy, all in a gorgeous color palette. A defined waist, an A-line skirt, matching wedges, purse, and embellished jewelry. Definitely a winner for those super girly days and to put a pep in your step!

Outfit of the Day: Dog Days of Summer
Oh my gosh it is so hot, you guys. Like, why am I even wearing clothes hot. I’ve been longing for Fall. It doesn’t help that pumpkin spice lattes are already out and I am basically obsessed with all the Fall trends! But I do know that I will look longingly at my shorts and tanks in a few months waiting for it to be Summer again, so I might as well enjoy it now! 
This is a super casual outfit, I know. I usually post all the dresses and pretty things in my closet, but I think it’s good to show some more low key stuff, too. My main thing is that it’s totally doable to be plus size, dress casual, and still look and feel really cute. I played up the usual tank top and shorts look with a bold striped top that I got from the amazing Gwynnie Bee (who are still offering the free 30 day trial!) and paired it with some bright pink shorts from Torrid. To add a little more style (and shape) to the look, I added my favorite summer hat, a belt, and some bejeweled slip ons. I love little details that make something casual a little more special. 
Also! The Big Giveaway is over! I’ve emailed the winners! Congrats to all of you & thanks so much to everyone that participated! I’m hoping to do more giveaways in the future. Let me know what kind of give aways and who you would like them from in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment